Just remember, it could be worse! People have been taking tests since ancient China, and this probably isn’t the hardest test in history.
Here it is at least. Just a few days between you and utter relaxation. Just remember these hot exam day tips, and you’ll make it through with flying colors.
End of semester
- Wake up early so that you do not need to rush through having breakfast and getting ready. This is not a good week to run late.
- Check the location and time of the exam to make sure that you have not confused the day/time/place.
- Have a balanced breakfast and don’t eat anything wildly different than normal. This isn’t really the best time for experimental diets. Think bananas and cereal rather than wild hot curry and steak tartar.
- Before leaving home, check that you have everything that you will need – pen, pencil, notes if you can use them etc.
- Head to the exam with plenty of time. A lot of unexpected events can happen on your way there and you do not want to be late! Always better to be early with some time to sit and think.
- If there are people around who are panicking, avoid them. They are not doing you any favors!
- Visit the bathroom before the exam starts. Exams can be quite long and there is no time to waste.
- Remember to write your name on the exam paper. You would not believe how many people have forgotten to do it!
- Read all the questions carefully before starting and quickly plan how much time to allocate to each.
- Start answering the questions that you feel most confident about. There is no need to answer the questions in order. Better to nail the ones you know than to struggle thinking one a difficult one.
- If your brain freezes, just start writing what you do know and you will soon start remembering more details. You’d be amazed at what your brain can do under pressure.
- Don’t spend more time than you planned on a particular section/question or you might run out of time to answer other questions and gain those extra marks! Also, leave any questions that you are unsure about for the end.
- Don’t be afraid to ask the professor if you are not clear on a question.
- Use every minute of the exam and if you have time left, review your answers before handing back the paper.
- Stay calm, you have done your homework and have nothing to fear! Just a few minutes to freedom.